Are you an existing teacher and want to add languages to your teaching methods?
Are you currently teaching languages in your school and would like to develop your skills?
To gain approval to teach Languages in NSW DoE schools you will need:
- Verification of your language proficiency
- Languages teaching methodology course
- 15 day practicum
Language Methodology Course
- 45 hour online course (self-paced learning modules and weekly synchronous webinars)
- Content aligned to University of Sydney Pre-service Language curriculum units
- NESA accreditation at Proficient level is being sought
- Current research-informed content
- Extensive resources provided
|1. Issues in teaching Languages|
|2. Research: How students learn languages|
|3. Syllabus/ Curriculum familiarity|
|4. Programming approaches|
|5. Developing a Unit of Work|
|6. Lesson Planning|
|7. Effective teaching strategies|
|8. Valid and engaging Assessment practices in Languages|
|9. Language teaching resources|
|10. Effective ICT tools for teaching and learning Languages|
**NSW DoE teachers fully funded for Languages Teaching Methodology course & practicum
Register your interest in finding out more about this program by filling in the form below.
This program represents a significant step in increasing the supply of Languages teachers in NSW.